The Developmental Math Assessment (dma) is a classroom-based mathematics assessment for educators to use with young children from preschool through grade two.
The DMA helps the classroom teacher make important instructional decisions. Through guided procedures the DMA helps the teacher assess student progress in current standards in Pre-number Concepts, Number Concepts, Operations, and other Math Concepts.
The DMA has several purposes:
1. To help the teacher know what concepts to teach and assess
2. To determine if each child’s level of understanding is above, on, or below grade-level expectations
4. To provide ideas that help teachers plan individualized, appropriate instruction
5. To allow administrators and teachers to monitor annual yearly progress in essential math concepts for each student
6. To facilitate communication among teachers, administrators, and parents
Everything you need to begin is included in the storage box.
- Teacher Guide
- Blackline Masters for assessment
- Number Concept Dots (hands-on manipulative)
- Activity Card Book
- Dry Erase Board and Marker